Complaints & Feedback

Complaints Procedure

If you would like to make a comment or complaint about a service or treatment you, or a member of your family have received, please let us know as soon as possible. Our reception staff will be able to provide you with a copy of our complaints procedure and a form for completion if you wish, or you may download a copy here:

Garland House Surgery Complaints Information & Form

The NHS advocacy service can help you with any complaint you wish to make. Please visit for more information.

We hope that if you have a problem, you will use our complaints procedure. We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice.

How do I make an informal complaint?

Please speak to the Practice Manager or the Assistant Practice Manager. This gives you the opportunity to sort out any problems immediately without going through a formal process.

How do I make a formal complaint?

If you wish to make a formal complaint, please complete the form above or alternatively, you can write to the Practice Manager. Your letter should include the following details:

  • Your full name, address and telephone number
  • The patients name, address and and telephone number (if different from above)
  • The date of birth of the person the complaint is about so that records can be found
  • The name and work address of the person or service you wish to complain about
  • The date the ‘incident’ you wish to complain about happened
  • Details of what you are complaining about

Please note: If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, you must have the person’s permission.

What will happen next?

The practice will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days. Your concerns will be investigated and a full reply will be sent to you within 10 working days. If a full reply cannot be sent within this time, you will be informed of progress and the reason for the delay.

If you are unhappy with our response, we can arrange a meeting between yourself, the relevant staff and a go-between to talk through your concerns.

Occasionally a complaint may still not be resolved at this stage. If so, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. Please visit for more information.


We welcome constructive feedback about our service so we can continually improve patients’ experience. If you, or a member of your family, have a suggestion or comment to make, please address these to the Practice Manager.